Access to Information
New Gorbals Housing Association work with and create information every day. The information that we think might be interesting or useful to our tenants and other stakeholders is published on our website. However, you have rights to request some information that we hold but isn’t already available on our website.
Information which is about you, or from which you can be identified is known as your personal data.
We hold personal data about tenants and other stakeholders which enables us to deliver our services. To keep your personal data safe we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Our Fair Processing Notice tells you how we use your personal data.
Requesting your personal data
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of your we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
Environmental Information Regulations
You can make an Environmental Information Regulation (EIR) request or request assistance to make a request simply by contacting us. Unlike a Freedom of Information (Scotland) request, your request does not need to be in writing. When you request environmental information from us, we will provide it to you within 20 working days or if the information requested is complex and voluminous 40 working days. Here is our Freedom of Information and EIR Policy
Charges may apply if you request a lot of information or if the information would take us a long time to produce. See our Freedom of Information and EIR Charging Schedule for further information about this.
Occasionally there will be reasons why we cannot provide the information you have asked for and we will tell you why this is. If you disagree with our decision you can ask us to review it. If you are still unhappy with our response after the review, you can appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 gives everyone the right to access information held by Scottish public authorities.
The aim of the Act is to increase openness and transparency by allowing you to access information about how decisions are taken and how public services are delivered.
As of 11th November 2019 Registered Social Landlords have to comply with the Freedom of Information law for certain parts of our functions. The functions which are covered by FOI law:
- The prevention and alleviation of homelessness
- Management of social housing accommodation
- Provision and management of sites for gypsies and travellers
- Information supplied to the Scottish Housing Regulator about finance and governance
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires us to adopt and maintain the Scottish Information Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme and publish information in accordance with that scheme. Our Guide to Information lets you know what information we publish on our website. It can be accessed here.
We may need to charge a fee for providing information requested. See our Freedom of Information and EIR Charging Schedule for further information.
How to Make a Freedom of Information Request
Freedom of Information requests must be made in writing. You can send your request to New Gorbals Housing Association, 200 Crown Street, Glasgow, G5 9AY or to FOI@newgorbalsha.org.uk.
Please tell us:
- Your full name
- Your post or email address (so we can contact you about your request)
- Your telephone number (so that we can contact you about your request)
- What information you would like access to, including any specific dates if appropriate (we may contact you to clarify your request).
- How you would like to receive the information (e-mail. memory stick, printed information by post)
- What format you would like the information in (e.g.large print, Braille, audio tape)
- Any other information that you think will help us to process and respond to your request.