Your local leisure centre and gym is due to receive a £1.5 million renovation.
Several areas of the Glasgow Club Gorbals complex will see a refurbishment, with works due to begin on Monday the 31st July 2017.
Planned improvement works include:
- construction of a new wall separating the gym and sports hall,
- creation of new health suite facilities located next to the pool area,
- two new fitness studio spaces created on the first floor,
- installation of new self-serve access gates to reduce reception queues,
- completely refurbished gym changing rooms,
- new cafe facility.
Some areas will be closed temporarily due to the work being carried out. These include the gym, leisure pool, poolside spa, health suite, spin studio, dry side toilet/changing and sports hall. The dance studio will also close for a short time while a new air conditioning system is installed. Dates for this closure are yet to be confirmed.
Please note that the main swimming pool and the tennis courts will remain open throughout the works.
All work is due to be completed by January 2018.
You are welcome to pop in to speak to reception staff at Glasgow Club Gorbals to ask any questions you may have. You can also visit myglasgow.club/gorbals for more information.