Getting On With Your Neighbours

Living close to other residents means that some noise is unavoidable. However, if noise becomes frequent and causes significant disturbance, this can be unacceptable.

Everybody has the right to live in their home without too much nuisance or annoyance from their neighbours. Neighbours may have different lifestyles, but we hope everyone will show consideration for those living around them.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour happens when a person’s actions cause, or are likely to cause, alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to another person or damage to someone’s property. It usually happens more than once, and can include speaking threateningly or offensively. 

What can I do about anti-social behaviour?

If you have a concern about nuisance, annoyance or harassment from a neighbour (or someone in or visiting their household) you can tell us about it.

We have limited powers to deal with private owners or tenants in private rented accommodation who are behaving anti-socially but we will assist where we can. We are able to take some action if a New Gorbals Housing Association tenant is behaving in an anti social way.

You can report Anti Social Behaviour to Glasgow City Council by calling their 24 hour phone line on    0800027 3901 or 0141 276 7400. Anti Social Behaviour complaints can also be e-mailed to

There is more information available at

Should you feel at any time that your, or another's, safety or security is under threat then you should contact Police Scotland on 999 or 101