Looking After Your Home
We both have responsibilities when it comes to maintaining your home.
- The maintenance of all installations provided for space heating, water heating and sanitation, and for the supply of water, gas and electricity;
- Where appropriate, the repair and maintenance of white goods supplied by NGPM;
- To maintain drains, gutters and external pipes (excluding blockages caused by tenant negligence);
- Internal and external walls, floors, ceilings, doors and doorframes (excluding internal decoration);
- To provide buildings insurance (policy held with Zurich);
- Chimneys, chimneystacks and flues;
- Pathways, steps or other means of access;
- Boundary walls and fences.
- To keep the interior of the house in a clean condition and good decorative order;
- To keep common areas, such as communal stairs and bin sheds, in a clean condition;
- To keep the common grounds tidy;
- To report all repairs, including those caused by accidental damage or vandalism, to New Gorbals Property Management;
- To allow New Gorbals Property Management employees and/or approved contractors access at all reasonable times to inspect the property and carry out repairs or safety inspections;
- To repair any items damaged through your, a member of your household's or a visitor to your home's neglect or carelessness e.g. blocked toilet;
- To ensure reasonable precautions are taken to protect your home from fire, floor or frost;
- To protect your personal belongings with an insurance policy;
- To carry out minor routine repairs such as sink plugs or chains, light bulbs, and smoke alarm batteries;
- To cover any costs incurred through forcing entry due to lost keys.
We have three categories of repair to help us prioritise our work. Each category has a target timescale.
We attend emergency repairs and make them safe within 4 hours.
We aim to complete urgent repairs within 3 working days.
We aim to complete routine repairs within 10 working days.
There are some repairs that you will have to pay for. We call these rechargeable repairs. Rechargeable repairs include:
Repairs to damage that has been caused deliberately by you, your relatives or visitors;
Call outs to fix TV signal problems if it is found that the fault is with your own equipment or leads;
Call outs to emergency services when you do not give access;
Repairs caused by a fault due to your fixtures, fittings, or installations;
When you repeatedly fail to give access after making an arrangement to do so;
Repairs to items installed by you which are your responsibility;
Gaining access to the property where you have lost your keys;
End of tenancy repairs where you fail to leave the property in an acceptable condition and to hand in 2 sets of keys.
If you are unsure if your repair falls into one of the above categories please contact us on 0141 429 3900