Contents Insurance

As your landlord, we are responsible for insuring the properties we own. However, this only applies to the building, not the contents you have inside the property.

We highly recommend that you take out Contents Insurance. If your home contents (including decoration and flooring) are accidentally damaged it can be very expensive to replace them if you don’t have insurance.

Contents insurance covers the belongings inside your home, such as:

  • Furniture
  • TVs and other electronics
  • Decoration
  • Floor coverings, such as carpets or laminate flooring
  • Clothing

New Gorbals Housing Association has arranged affordable contents insurance for Glasgow based tenants and homeowners with Thistle Tenant Risks and Your Place. We are happy to promote both schemes to our tenants.

You can insure your contents from as little as £2.50 a month, depending on the value of the contents that you want to insure.

If you want to find out more please call us on 0141 429 3900 or reach out to YourPlace directly on 0141 274 6460 or 0800 479 7979 or call Thistle Tenants Risk 0345 450 7286

We are happy to help you fill in your application form if you ask.